In this release, we focused our attention on the track database. The most important change is that it has gotten much larger, but we’ll keep going until we have at least 90% of all kart tracks in the world covered. Since the track database lives on the internet, you actually don’t need to install a new version of OCD to get the new tracks. Just click the cloud symbol in Track Management, and it will show you all new tracks available. However, with more tracks come more management, so we added a bunch of tools to handle the increased number of tracks:
- Tracks can now be filtered by country. When downloading tracks from the database, you can choose which countries you drive in, and just download all of those. Of course, you can still select individual tracks, or just download everything, but this is the easiest way to keep organized.
- Once you get to over 100 tracks, the old OCD would get a little slow when working with the tracks. This version does not do that anymore.
- Since tracks now have countries, they have flags! This makes Track Management look a little better, and it makes it easier to tell the tracks apart.
- We made it more obvious that there is a track database. Many people missed it before, so now we show a reminder when you have three tracks or fewer.
We also have some other improvements, in case you’re not as excited about tracks as we are:
- We re-did almost all of the French translations.
- We had a rendering bug where track maps in New Zealand would look inverted and awful. This is now fixed.
- If you’re using the ALFANO trial version, your trial now doesn’t start expiring until the first time you import a session. So don’t worry about experimenting with it in the off-season. You can use OCD totally free until you import the first session, and then 30 more days.
- Videos are now shown in whatever configuration maximizes the space.
- Some people with unusual network settings experienced some crashes on the Mac. This is now fixed!
And then there is one more thing: For a few months now we have been hard at work with our friends at Track Attack to take data analytics to the next level. If you are already using the OCD software, the big new thing is that your data and your video is stored in the cloud, and available on all your computers at the same time. You can easily share data with a friend, a coach, or an engine tuner, even when they are not at the track with you! We’re aiming to bring this to Unipro and ALFANO users early next year, in time for the new season.
To make that happen, we need your help: We have started a crowd funding campaign at Indiegogo. We have various levels of participation, from $5 and up, and they come with various rewards, such as hats, shirts, your picture on a new race car build, and more. If you’d rather have team gear that says “Off Camber Data” instead of “Track Attack”, let us know, and we’ll make it happen!
As always, you can get the new version from the downloads page, or simply restart your old version of Off Camber Data. If you would like to contribute, feel free to comment on the blog, or send us an email at email@example.com!