This version has a lot of changes, and addresses a lot of issues, but most of them are so small you barely even notice them … unless you do, and then it’s the most annoying thing in the world. We want to make sure that OCD does not only have the features you need, but that all the features we have are thought through and a joy to use. So here is a grab-bag of refinements that should make your analysis sessions a little easier, and maybe even a little more fun:
- We made some visual changes to make it more obvious that you can drag and reorder graphs. To reorder them click and hold on the name of the channel, and drag it into the desired position.
- Off Camber Data now shows split lines in the video sync dialog. This makes it much easier to synchronize the video with the data when you can see the magnetic loop on the track surface in the video.
- Some people prefer to invert the delta graph, so that it measures “Time Gained” instead of “Time Lost”, down is bad, and up is good. We added an option in the settings to make this possible.
- The “Add Runs” dialog can filter by driver, track, or kart. Those filters stay around until you clear them, even when you restart OCD. It is a little too subtle to see right now when you have a filter enabled, and so sometimes the dialog does not show your runs, and it’s hard to see why. We are working on improving that dialog comprehensively, but until that is ready, we made a simpler change: We added a big “Clear Filters” button.
- We made some assorted improvements to the Alfano support. The values are now a little more accurate, Off Camber Data understands more channels, and can now keep importing even if some channels are unknown to us.
- Sometimes the video widget would not resize properly. Now it does!
- We updated the Swedish and German translations. Thank you Niclas!
- The slip channel is calculated from RPM and Speed, but it was unclear whether it uses GPS Speed or Wheel Speed. We changed it so that now it follows the settings on the run. In other words, it uses GPS Speed if “Prefer GPS” is clicked, and Wheel Speed otherwise.
- The channel button now looks a little more like a button. On some versions of Windows, it was hard to notice that you can click it at all!
- Off Camber Data makes backups of every file that it imports. In this version, even files that fail to import are backed up. In some scenarios, this makes it easier for us to diagnose problems.
As always, you can get the new version from the downloads page, or simply restart your old version of Off Camber Data. If you would like to contribute, feel free to just comment on the blog, or send us an email at email@example.com!