This is an exciting release! We have a big number of changes, and many of them were suggestions from you. Let’s go through them:
- You can now reorder the graphs. Just grab them by the title, and pull up or down. The order of the graphs is saved even when you close and restart the program.
- We removed a lot of the empty space between graphs, so you can fit more graphs on the screen and see the data with more accuracy. Both of these changes are good for every situation, but they are particularly good if you have pedal sensors, and you want to see throttle pedal and brake pedal next to each other. We experimented with putting those two on top of each other, into the same graph, but all the lines get too confusing when you have more than one selected lap. We know that a lot of people are interested in this, so please let us know what you think about this decision!
- OCD finally has support for Units, so if you like, you can show your speed in miles per hour, meters per second, or knots.
- In the last release, we added the notes field to give you a place to keep setup information. To make this easier, OCD automatically fills in the notes field from a previous run. If you have one driver, this works great, but if you have many, it often pulls the notes from the wrong driver. So we fixed it. Now, it pulls notes only from earlier runs of the same driver.
Those are the big ones, but there are a few smaller ones as well:
- When changing the UniGo settings, OCD would sometimes overwrite a setting by accident. This no longer happens.
- We were not very consistent with the channel names. Sometimes it was “Tire Temp FR”, sometimes it was “FR TTemp”, and so we went through and organized them. This should make it easier for our translators as well, but it might take us a few weeks to get all new translations in for everything. In the meantime, we apologize for having so much untranslated text.
- Our TSV export did not include final lap times, because of the way the data was formatted. We changed the format a little, so now the lap times are there.
- Sometimes, when you zoom in enough, the graph would show little spikes. It no longer does.
- Some customers have problems with corrupted files that would not import properly into OCD. Corrupted files are always a problem, but we changed some things around to get a little more data out of them.
There is also a hidden feature that we’ll talk about next time. It is included in this release, but we felt it’s not quite good enough yet. If you find out what it is, let us know :-).
As always, you can get the new version from the downloads page, or simply restart your old version of Off Camber Data. For feedback, feel free to just comment on the blog, or send us an email at email@example.com!