Welcome to the Christmas edition of OCD. We hope you’ll like it!
Most of the work on this release went into polishing things and fixing little bugs that are too small to mention, but there are a few big ones:
- The graph now has the option of showing the values in numeric form, right by the cursor. A lot of detail work went into this. The values are always in the right order, so you can quickly see which number is higher, even if the lines are completely on top of each other.
- Split time analysis now calculates theoretical best and rolling best per run, not for all opened runs at once. When comparing two drivers or two setups, this makes a lot more sense.
- We improved the contrast in the graph. When the background is dark, it makes the colors brighter. When the background is white, it makes the colors darker. It’s hard to see the difference, but it’s easy to see the graph!
- Fixing splits is much faster now. In long runs, it used to take more than a minute on a slow computer. Now, it is almost instantaneous.
- Embarrassingly, the status bar used to show the gap between laps backwards. It now shows it the normal way.
- “Unknown” now shows up in a reasonable place when you select drivers, tracks, and vehicles. Also, these three things are now sorted in every dialog.
This version also includes a big behind-the-scenes change. That’s why you will see an upgrade dialog when you start this for the first time. We were a little worried about this change because of that, but we added our first dedicated tester to the team who gave us the confidence to release it. Welcome Bryan!
As always, you can get the new version from the downloads page, or simply restart your old version of Off Camber Data. For feedback, feel free to just comment on the blog, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org!